Friday, June 25, 2010

Garden fresh

I apologize for my long absence. I have had computer problems. Anyway, I'm back in action with this beautiful strawberry spinach salad. We grew our own spinach in the spring, and we have been enjoying all kinds of fresh salads lately. Homemade dressings are the way to go. I think you'll love this one. It's perfect for summertime. I halve the recipe for my small family.

THE RECIPE:

10 oz. fresh spinach
1 quart strawberries, sliced
1/2 c. slivered almonds

2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. minced onion (I used a little onion powder)

Toss salad ingredients. Mix dressing ingredients thoroughly. Apply as desired to individual servings. I like to make my dressing ahead of time and refrigerate it before use.

No comments: