Sunday, May 26, 2013

Humpty Dumpty's favorite


Every now and then, I crave egg salad. This recipe was the result of one of my hankerings. My daughter and I combined some different but yummy flavors, and we were really happy with the results. We packed up our salad and fresh rolls and had a nice picnic as a family. This is a great recipe for spring and summer!

THE RECIPE:

12 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise (I used the olive oil kind)
2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. yellow curry powder

Mix dressing ingredients thoroughly in a salad bowl before adding chopped eggs. Add eggs last and gently mix until combined. This prevents the eggs from breaking down. Refrigerate at least a half-hour before serving so flavors can blend. Spoon salad onto rolls or croissants. Serves 6.

No comments: