Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dip into delicious

We put our garden-fresh spinach to good use in this spinach dip. It makes a nice summer appetizer. It's a popular recipe by the company Knorr, and it's been around for years. My sister called me a minute ago, asking why I had not yet posted the recipe and demanding it. It's really good. So, here you go.

THE RECIPE:

10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed*
16 oz. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 packet Knorr vegetable recipe mix**
8 oz. water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 green onions, chopped

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 2 hours so flavors can mix. Serve as a dip or spread with crackers or french bread.

*I chopped a big salad's worth of fresh spinach from my garden.

**I found this at the store by the dry onion soup mix.

No comments: