Friday, June 10, 2011

Rockin' broccoli

I could eat an entire dinner plate full of roasted broccoli by myself. Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, and roasting it makes it even better. My whole family gobbles it up. I highly recommend it.

THE RECIPE:

Fresh broccoli, washed and cut into florets
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a cookie sheet, toss broccoli with olive oil. Be sure each floret is coated, but not drenched. Season well. Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love roasted veggies, too. I could easily eat that plate up right now! I also like to sprinkle some grated parmesan on broccoli or cauliflower right as it is coming out of the oven.

I bought beets the other day just so I could try them. I have to admit I'm a little hesitant but I'm going to take your word on it.