Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ain't no mountain high enough

I love salads with lots of ingredients. This mountain salad has all kinds of great stuff in it. I got the recipe a couple of years ago from my friend Carolyn, who is an excellent cook. We love this salad! Note that this salad requires refrigeration before serving.

THE RECIPE:

1 head green leaf lettuce (or a mix of green leaf and spinach), washed and chopped
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
10 oz. frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c. sliced green onion
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Dressing:

1/2 c. each mayonnaise, Miracle Whip and milk

Assembly:

Start with half of lettuce. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar. Then layer with half of each remaining ingredient: bacon, egg, onion, peas and cheese. Top with half of dressing, then start over with seasoned lettuce, bacon, egg.....etc. This time, though, reverse the cheese and dressing so you end with cheese on top. Refrigerate for about six hours before serving.

2 comments:

Alvey family said...

Honored! Simply honored to be featured in your recipe blog. I only wish I was there to help eat it!

Kristy said...

I've had this salad before and I really like it. For some reason it reminds me of Grandma Sena. I wonder if my mom told me that is where the recipe we have came from??? I haven't had it in a while, I'll have to make it again soon.