Thursday, February 26, 2009

More pork

I got this recipe for apricot-glazed pork chops from the newspaper. We were kind of disappointed with the result. The blame lies with both me and the recipe. First, the recipe called for low-sodium soy sauce, and I used regular. My sauce was way too salty. Second, we could barely taste the apricot. Pretty sad for a dish named after the fruit. The recipe might be worth some experimentation, though. Let me know if you give it a shot.

THE RECIPE:

4 pork chops* (I used boneless, but bone-in works)
1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 c. whole-fruit apricot preserves
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 cloves garlic, minced

Brown chops in skillet, then place in slow cooker. Coat with sauce. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

*The recipe says chops that are about 1-inch thick are best suited for slow cooking.

2 comments:

Hansencrew said...

I've mentioned to you how we make graham cracker pork chops! You'll have to give them a try and let us know what you think. We crush graham crackers, but first roll our pork chops in melted butter, then crushed graham crackers with some salt and pepper. Bake for 45 min, or until done. I always use a meat thermometer with pork because I think it's hard to tell if it's cooked entirely. This recipe keeps the pork chops moist and yummy!

PheMom said...

K. I am bookmarking this to see if it can be improved... I have some ideas. Either way, it looks and sounds tempting.

That graham cracker recipe above (in comments) sounds intriguing too. Have you tried it?