Friday, February 20, 2009

The big tuna

I think tuna casserole is probably one of the most cliche casseroles out there. But you know what? It really is good, and it's an easy way to sneak a little seafood into your diet. This one is topped with potato chips to give it a nice salty crunch. I use whole-wheat noodles to up the health factor.

THE RECIPE:

8 ounces wide noodles
2 cans tuna, drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
2 c. frozen peas
Potato chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain. Mix tuna, soup, milk and peas in bowl, then add noodles and spread in baking pan. Cover with crushed potato chips. Bake for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Freebairn Family said...

This is too funny. Just the other day I was telling Steve I wanted to make the Griffin's tuna casserole we always had when I was little. He asked why I didn't just call and get the recipe and I just laughed and said, "She probably doesn't even have it!" Thanks - I really did want it (and I don't even like peas!)

Alvey family said...

Ah, tuna casserole, the ulimate comfort food I think. Unfortunately my kids don't like tuna, but I think I'm going to have to make this some night for me and just eat the whole thing.