Saturday, January 17, 2009

Say cheese

The recipe for these cheese muffins was featured on The Pioneer Woman's website. They have a nice spongy texture on the inside. My family enjoyed them, and they were a cinch to throw together. I must admit that I am obsessed with cheese. I couldn't live without it. So, I wished the cheese flavor in these muffins were a little stronger. Next time I'm going to use sharp cheddar instead of colby-jack.

THE RECIPE:
1 1/2 c. flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. shredded cheese
1 c. milk
1 egg
1/4 c. melted butter

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and butter. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine. Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes 12.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.