Monday, May 30, 2011

Tilapia time

I am really lucky that my whole family loves fish. It's light and healthy. I only wish it were less expensive. I stock up on tilapia and salmon when they go on sale. This garlic tilapia is really tasty and easy to make.

THE RECIPE:

1 1b. tilapia fillets, completely thawed
1 Tbsp. melted butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic, pressed*
Cilantro, if desired

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place fish in baking dish, taking care to tuck under any thin parts to ensure even cooking. Cover in melted butter, oil, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Spread around garlic bits with a fork. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes when pierced with a fork. Spoon juices over fish. Garnish with a little chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.

*I used two cloves, which gave the dish a little kick. After all, it is called GARLIC tilapia.

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

Yum. I buy the individually frozen tilapia at Costco and cook it in the microwave (so easy!) with a little oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Even Steve loves it! I'll have to get fancy and try baking it someday. . .