Saturday, January 29, 2011

Zesty teriyaki

This is an extremely easy way to end up with delicious teriyaki chicken. The recipe uses thighs, which cook slowly and soak up all the flavor. Serve the chicken and a splash of yummy juices over rice. I'm using half brown rice and half white until my white is gone, and then it's just brown for us.

THE RECIPE:

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. bottled zesty Italian dressing
1/4 c. water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place thighs in 8x8 baking dish. It's OK to overlap a little. The chicken will shrink. Mix sauce ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for two hours.

*Don't substitute breasts unless you adapt the cooking time. Dark meat and white meat cook differently. I can't be held accountable for the results. :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I didn't even know you could buy boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I'm going to have to look for those.