Monday, August 23, 2010

Restaurant-style appetizer

This baked artichoke-spinach dip is a classic in the appetizer category. I've been making it for years, and everyone loves it. This time around, I used fresh spinach from our garden. I added more than the recipe called for, and I loved it. Feel free to make little tweaks like that.

THE RECIPE:

1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 c. chopped spinach leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and spread into 9x13 baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or French bread.

*Note: I often halve the recipe and bake it in an 8x8 pan. Keep the baking time the same.

No comments: