Saturday, April 4, 2009

And that's a wrap!

My friend Kylie gave me the recipe for these lettuce wraps. We have made them many times since. They have a mild flavor and are very good. There are never any leftovers. Someday I might tweak them to see if I can end up with a stronger flavor, just for a nice change. We'll see.

THE RECIPE:

3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. rice vinegar*
1 Tbsp. oil
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can straw mushrooms, drained and chopped*
Lettuce leaves, washed and dried

Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar, and set aside. Saute remainder of ingredients in oil, then add sauce. Mix thoroughly and remove from heat. Before serving, cool until just warm. Wrap in lettuce leaves.

*Rice vinegar tastes very similar to white vinegar, so if you don't want to pay for a whole bottle, I'm sure you could just use white. You'll find straw mushrooms by the water chestnuts in the Asian food aisle.

1 comment:

Alvey family said...

Yumm! I will have to try these. I love to order them at PF Changs or Cheesecake Factory. Are they as good homemade?