Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Food in a flash

Tonight I needed a really fast, easy dinner. There were leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge, so I came up with a chili casserole that was actually really good. I would make this again. It's kind of a food storage meal, because it calls for canned ingredients. You could even use instant mashed potatoes. These kinds of recipes are great to have on hand when you're in a rush.

THE RECIPE:

1 15-ounce can chili with beans
1 15-ounce can corn, well-drained
2 c. mashed potatoes*
1 c. shredded cheese (I think)

Coat an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread chili in dish, then top with corn. Spread on mashed potatoes. If your potatoes have been refrigerated, microwave them to make them more spreadable. Cover with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Serves 4.

*My potatoes had been mixed with butter, sour cream and a little garlic powder. Also, I always leave the skins on for the nutrients.

No comments: